May 29, 2013

BLESSING UPDATES


One day my cousin told me about how she used to update her status on Facebook. She used to write things such as "Oww... hungry!", "I wanna go home", or "Getting stuck in a traffic jam!", until one day her mother asked her not to write such statuses again. Why? Because she believes that such status isn't important to share to the public.

Her opinion might be too old fashioned for most people, especially the young, for updating status is now like another "need" for them; a need of expressing themselves, a need of attention, a need of appreciation, a need of "like", etc. Who doesn't like if their statuses are seen by thousands, liked by hundreds, and commented by tens of people? But I think my aunt's opinion isn't wrong. If we always write sad, complaining, even cursing status, what is the benefit of that?

No one wants to be judged negatively, that's why everyone should pay attention how she behave, speak, act. If we want to earn respect from others, try to respect ourselves by keeping our way pure. Mat. 15:18 also writes this: But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean' (Mat. 15:18).

Words seem to be easy to manage, but facts show that words can be hurting, heart breaking, frustrating, even destroying. Let us think over every word we want to produce. Don't let words bring us down and make us punished by God.

Dear God, forgive me if I use to produce unpleasing words before You. Teach me to be Your light and salt through everything in me, including my words and my attitude. Help me to be wiser in life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, ...
Col. 4:6a

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger