May 16, 2013

BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR WORD


When I was a child, my parents used to call me, "tuyul." Well, for those who haven't heard about it, it is a spirit that obtains wealth for its human master. It takes form of a small child, that's why they called me that way, because my body was small compared to other children. I knew that they never meant me to be like one of it, a thief, they just thought that it's a "nickname," "the little." But, honestly I hated to be called that way, because I knew that "tuyul" likes to steal things, and it is not "cute", it is little evil spirit, and I never want to be like it. Since that day, I always correct my parents each time they call that nickname again.

Perhaps, we do have certain nicknames for others. We think that it is a cute name, and it is fine as long as it's just a calling. But, remember the power of our tongue. Some people believe that repeated ideas spoken by tongue are prayers. So, we might never take serious about how do we call or say things to people, but be careful, those words can be considered as prayers, including the bad meaning ones. All of us, of course, want good prayers to be happened, and not the bad ones, right?

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit," Pro. 18:21. These verse clearly tell us to beware of our tongue. We are allowed to say things, but we are reminded about the consequences from them. They deal with life and death, see. "Oh please, it can't be that serious, right?" Well, it is that serious. My student always said, "I can't do it," each time she received a task. She had not tried it, but she would always say, "I can't do it." Do you know what did happen? She really couldn't do it while her friends could do it. I decided to tell her about the power of her tongue, that each time she said negative thing, it would really happen. I told her to say, "I can do it," "I'll try," for the next tasks, and she did it. What happen then? She can do the tasks, may be not the best ones, but at least she tries. And obviously her mark is improving.

What kind of word will come out of your tongue? I personally want to pray for good things, I want to say good things, for me and others.

Dear God, I'm sorry if I've used my tongue to say bad things. Help me to control it, God. Help me to say good things, over myself, my family (father, mother, children), my friends, my enemy. I want only good prayers coming out of my tongue. In the name of Jesus Christ, make me Your heavenly speaker, God. Amen

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Pro. 18:21.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger