May 11, 2013

THANK YOU FOR HER


It was one night before presentation. I had to present a topic if I wanted to pass my final year course. I had almost set everything, the material, the research... except that I had to made a hard copy for the presentation.

I was busy studying when my mom passed by my room and saw me typing. She said to me, "Honey, is there anything I can do for you? You look so busy these days, preparing everything for the exam. If there is one thing I can do for you."

"O Mom, thank you so much. I do need a help. But it's okay if you can't help me, it's rather complicated anyway," I said.

She said, "No, it's okay. I'll try to help you. Now, tell me, what should I do?"

"Ehm, could you help me printing this file, Mom? I used to go to the front rental computer to print things. Just show them this file... see... this file, just remember the file's name, they'll help you to print it. Please print it two times for me. How's that? I have to finish the one on the computer." I said.

"Okay. Just show them the file, right? Two times? Yup, I think I can't handle it. Don't worry," she said.

"Thank you so much, Mom. You are the best. Please keep the fd for me. They are precious data inside," I said.

In short, my mom went to the rental computer I told her. She finally came back, brought two bonds of paper in her hands. But, how shocked I was knowing that the printed file was not the file I meant. It was already late, no rental would be open that hour and I found my paper was the wrong paper. I was so angry with my mother but I could not say anything to her. I was tired and I didn't know what to do. My presentation would be the first presentation tomorrow morning. I was not sure that I could print it on time in the morning before presentation. I cried. I wanted to blame my mom but I knew it wasn't entirely her fault. I should have printed it several days before.

My mom didn't say anything. She understood that I was angry to her and knew that I would not talk about it that moment. So, she left me alone in my room. Crying and trying finishing the presentation, I was also praying in my heart, "God, help me."

The next day, I knew that my mom prayed for me that early morning. I was touched hearing her prayer. I also prayed to God to help me that day, but I was too arrogant to say something to her that morning. So I left my house earlier, printed my paper, and went to the course.

In short, I finally finished the presentation and found out that I was the best presenter that year. I was so happy. But, remembering that moment also reminded me about my mother's fault and my mother's love for me. I knew she just wanted to help me and I also realize that she isn't perfect. I know that she prays for me every night and I can still hear her saying my names every morning before God. Without her prayers I know that I will never be like I am now. She is the helper God has sent to me on earth and I thank God for giving her to me.

God, thank you for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger