June 01, 2013

LEARN TO RUN IT


I have a very unique father. His friend bought him a cell phone (We're still only able to buy one cell phone and I have to bring it because I need it for work. I think I really have to say thanks to the nice uncle who had bought it for my father, for we do need it. My father doesn't need to look for me to all my friends' houses when I have to come home late. He could call me to make sure my position and my condition.)

Even though it is not one of those complicated cell phones, but my father did have difficulties in using it. I have taught him how to pick up a call and how to make a call. Yet still, my call was never answered. I often had to wait for almost several minutes for him to pick up my call. Yet still, he didn't pick it up. He told me that he would pick up the phone when it stopped ringing. Hearing his explanation, me and my mom almost couldn't stop laughing. But don't worry, he can do it now.

Do we ever have something highly sophisticated, a cell phone, a computer, an i-pad, or other sophisticated things? No matter how modern it is, if we can't run it, if we don't know how to use it, if we don't know how to maximize it, it is useless. It shows its full benefit to those who know how to use it.

The same principle is also applied in God's power. When we accept Him as God and Lord, He gives us a power to be His children. See? God's children! What do you think God's children can do? Many, of course, we can do many things, many great things. But, if we don't know how to manage the power, we will never be able to maximize it, for it is useless in our hands.

Becoming God's children is easy, but living as God's children needs process. We have to learn a lot about our rights and duties, and we have to work together with Holy Spirit who will show the way God's children live. We need His wisdom and faith so we can maximize the power He has given to us, a power that can change a life, a power that can influence surroundings. If we want to make it useful in our hands, ask God to help us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger