May 14, 2013

PURE HEART


Being a pure heart person is not an easy option. Those who have been contaminated by the world will find it difficult to be one of that person. You might want to ask this to me, "What are you talking about?"

When a fierce-look man approaches us, what will come into our minds? Most of us will be a little bit afraid, and think, "Oh no... why is he coming at me? What does he want from me." "What is he trying to do? Is he trying to steal thing from me? Or maybe he wants to kidnap me?" "Who is this man, anyway? He scares me. I think he is an ex-criminal. Just look at his look." These minds come just like that as we see the man. We haven't heard his real intention, we haven't known that he actually wants to ask about the time. We just do it, think negatively about the man.

We heard a lot of news about crimes, murders, kidnapping, robbery, corruption, deception, and all negative stuffs about the world. It forms our mind and builds us into a negative-thinking person. Forget about the fierce-look man, we can even think negatively about people around us, about people we know. We know that criminality can happen anywhere and can be done by anyone. We know that anyone can hurt us, including our friends. So we make a step, build a protection wall, by making a prejudice. Even we ourselves sometimes have bad intention in our heart over someone.

Elisha had a pure heart. If not, God would not grant him his wish. God knew that Elisha will use Elijah's anointing for good purpose. Elijah also knew that he'll be a good successor. All because his pure heart. Our God is God who knows. He could see what's in his heart. But Elijah might not able to see it. He perhaps knew Elisha's sincerity from God who spoke to him, or through his faithfulness in following Elijah, or Elisha's face (for the Bible tells us that what's inside appears outside). All we know is that Elisha did do great things in his life for God.

Let us learn from Elisha, be a pure-heart person, a person who is like Elisha. God will fill us with good things, and also lead us to good things, for it is promised to those who have pure heart.

Father in heaven, give me a pure heart. Teach me to love without a prejudice and wrong intention. I have to deal a lot with my heart, God. Help me to get a new one. I believe that You can renew my life. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend.
Pro. 22:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger