May 25, 2013

FOR THE LORD ONLY


What kind of present do we want on our happiest days? If it is possible... the most expensive, the biggest, the most useful ones. The point is, we want the best. Am I right?

So does God. He wants the best from us. He wants the best life to offer. He wants the best offering to present. He wants the best heart to give. He wants the best of us before Him.

If we now live, it's time for us to ask ourselves, "Have I lived according to God's will? Have I done the best for Him?" Col. 3:23 tells us to do everything with all our heart, as working for the Lord Himself. What's the meaning of that? It means that if we have lived the best, now try to live the life more for our Lord. If we have done the best, now try to do it more as if we were doing things only for God.

We might use to work best for our boss and ourselves. Now it is time for us to do it more for God, as if He were our boss. We might use to cook for our family, sweep our house, take care of our kids. Now it is time for us to do it better for God, as if He were the one who would eat our cooking, as if He were the one who owns the house, as if He were the one who we take care of. It is time for us to do more than just our usual "best".

Dear God, I don't know what kind of thing do You like from me to do, but I want to try to do everything much much better only for You. Show me how I'm gonna do it. Tell me how I'm gonna make it. And give me a heart to always become the best just for You. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,
Col. 3:23

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger