May 06, 2013

ON GOD'S SIDE


My friend is not a Sunday school teacher, but she often helps us to share about the Bible with the children in our project. One day when I joined her class, she told the kids the story about David and Goliath. She told them that it was awesome that David the young shepherd boy could defeat Goliath the giant, not with sword, spear, or javelin, but with a sling and a stone.

I might have heard the story tens time, but that moment is somehow rather difficult to forget. The point that size is not matter overwhelms me, build my faith that God is more than just able to do things, that He is God of all possible things. The moment also keeps reminding me that even though we are small, young, not good looking, not rich, as long as we stand on God's side, He can make us win over all situation.

Whose side are you leaning on?
Leaning on the Lord's side
Whose side are you leaning on?
Leaning on the Lord's side

I lean, I lean, I lean, I lean
Leaning on the Lord's side
I lean, I lean, I lean, I lean
Leaning on the Lord's side

Dear Father, I come before You as Your child. I want to make a commitment that I will lean on You for my whole life. I will always stand on Your side for I know that victory is Yours. Teach me to be like David who loved You with all his heart. I want to be loved just like the way You loved him. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, 
whom you have defied.
1 Sam. 17:45

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger