March 10, 2013

PURE HEART


Having a pure heart is a very difficult thing to do. You have to be used to thing I call sacrifice. Someone can sacrifice things for others, but he might not have a pure heart. But the pure heart will never spent their time without sacrificing things for other people.

I had an appointment with my friends this evening. The place where we should meet was quite far from my house. My friends have their own motorcycle, but I haven't, and it makes me find difficulties to go to certain or far places. I didn't mind going by myself, taking the public transportation. But I had to go earlier than them because the public transportation around my place isn't as much as in other areas. If I ask you to calculate my expense for one day trip using public transportation, it will be enough for three days trips using motorcycle.

Arriving at the place, some of my friends borrowed some money from me. I wouldn't mind giving them the money, because I knew that they really needed it at that time. Besides, I also thought that I still have enough money to go home. Time moved on and it was getting late. When our activity ended, and I went home by taking public transportation, I realized that I didn't have enough money to take another transportation to get home. I stopped at the closest place to my house district, but I still had to walk for about 20 minutes to get home. No wonder, I was tired.

Without realizing it, I was suddenly filled with disappointment over my friends. "Why didn't they understand me or even try to help me?" This mind blinded me from God's voice. Thankfully, I prayed... It was the moment when God renewed my power and my heart. He thanked me for being independence and for being so kind that day. He said that I've done a good thing and that He appreciated it. He reminded me, deep inside me heart, that I had to learn to have a pure heart. He said it was not easy, but it was worth fighting, because He loved the pure heart.

When I said, "He (God) said...", it was not literal thing, but I knew I was right, I heard His voice through the Holy Spirit, I wrote His words through the Bible that He loves the pure heart. You may have also experienced times when you should sacrifice things, and it seems like you are the unlucky ones, but notice this, God know what you've done and He appreciates it. Don't contaminate it with complaint or grumble. Let's learn to have a pure heart, because that is what He wants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger