April 05, 2013

SURRENDERED LIFE


Yesterday my pastor told me that his car has got a little accident. When he parked it outside a church, a man bringing a three wheel motorbike unintentionally scratched it. The scratch was quite deep. But, he decided not to be bothered by it and just asked the man to be more careful next time.

It's a very kind deed I think, because not all people would do what he did. I believe that most people will ask for something, such as money in return, or at least scolded the man. Am I right? But, hearing the story makes me realize that it is what exactly God wants from us, His children, to love others, to forgive others.

Some people may think that they have right to be angry or to get what they should get, but God has shown us how a true Christian should live; with love. As long as we are not bothered by things in this world, we are free from being hurted by the world. As long as we remember that this life is only a small part of the real life (eternity), we know that our true inheritance is not in this world.

Let us try to give every single thing in our life to God. Believe that God is the Lord of everything, who can do all things, who owns all things. By doing this we shall live in a real life, life of surrendering.

Dear Father, I thank You for every blessing You've been trusted into my hands. I know that I do not own them, it's all Yours. That is why I surrender all to You, Father. Give me a heart of surrendering, so that I do not love them and not to be bothered by them. Give me a heart clinging on You only, for You are the true treasure of mine. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
Psa. 37:5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger