April 04, 2013

GIVING THANKS


I have a friend who doesn't really like eating. It is weird, isn't it? While everybody has breakfast, lunch, or dinner, my friend, as the matter of fact, tries to avoid them. He doesn't like snacks too. Almost all of his mother efforts to prepare his meals are useless. When he eats something, he will never finish his meals. In the end, he will throw the rest of it to the trash can. What a waste?

This evening, me and my friend brought food for the homeless. We put ten packs of rice when about fifteen people suddenly surrounded us. I never thought before that food is a very precious thing for them, especially when I consider my friend who doesn't seem to be friendly with food.

Something is considered precious when someone needs it. For my friend, food may be not important. But for those who need it, it is very very precious. For those not having difficulty in finding water, do not know how to appreciate it. But for those living in a dry area, water is something precious and should not be wasted.

Everything on earth is a blessing God has given and trusted to us. He wants us, human, to use it and also keep it. We are never told to waste anything in it, on it, because God has trusted us to keep it.

Be grateful for everything we have, and keep remembering that not all people have what we have, get what we get, taste what we taste. Try to appreciate His blessing in our life, and we can start it from the most common and the smallest things around us.

Dear God, thank you for every blessing You have trusted to me. Forgive me if all this time I often waste it. Thank you for our food, water, clothes, house, education, job, family, husband or wife, children, friends... for everything, I do thank You. Teach me how to appreciate them. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph. 5:20

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger