April 25, 2013

LOVE HIS HOUSE


Bible talks about worship, praise, and the importance of attending a meeting together. It teaches us to love house of the Lord and not to abandon times when we should come to worship (to church).

In my city, I still find different stories or excuses why some Christians do not go to church. Some of them are classical ones such as working overtime and family business. But I also find other unique excuses. They say they can read the Bible by themselves at home. They say they don't have money for transportation. They say they might have money to go to church, but they don't have money to give offering.

I did try to understand their excuses but somehow I never could. I grow up in a family, which thanks God, teaches me to love a meeting. My parents teach me not to leave any kind of meeting, especially Sabbath meeting. I can be very busy with my education or job but I can not make it as an excuse to leave time to be meet God and other believers. I do can read and meditate Bible by myself at home, but I can not waste a chance to grow in faith with other believers. I can have no money for the transportation but I can still go to the nearest church. I may not have enough money for an offering but I believe I still have some pennies to bring to God (just as the poor widow in the Bible). The point here is I can still meet God and other believers if I really want it. Now, the question is, "Do I want it?"

Bible asks us, not only in the meaning of "requesting" or "ordering", but also in the meaning of "suggesting," "bringing us along" to go to a meeting where we can praise and hear His words, where we can encourage one another among the believers. It also reminds us to do it more often than before considering to the approaching Day, Day of His coming. If we still put the above reasons to keep us out from church, then it will be harder for us to spend time for such meeting, because the Bible tells us to do it more often than before.

For some of us who are still questioning the point of doing a meeting, I think they have to question again their faith. If King David and King Solomon knew how to show their love and gratitude to the Mighty God by preparing a magnificent meeting in the Lord's house, why don't we? Bible also write this for us, that any of us who meet together in His name will experience His presence and power by ourself. That's why miracles happen during such togetherness. That's why we never suppose to leave such meeting.

Dear Father in heaven, forgive me if sometimes I waste my time with You and the other believers for my own business. I definitely didn't know how to appreciate You. Teach me to love Your house and encourage other believers in Your name. Help me to see the point, the benefit, the power of meeting together. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrew 10:25

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger