April 05, 2013

DON'T REJECT IT


Have you ever won a lottery? Or a doorprize? Anyone who gets it must be very happy, right? But, unfortunately, not with me. It happened years ago when I was a kid.

I remember when I was in elementary school. A food product came and made a demonstration to our school. They held a doorprize and the first prize was a man bike. Each student and teacher got a ticket with numbers on it. And just like the other, I hoped I could take one of the prizes home. But I didn't hope to get the bike, because I didn't know how to ride a bike and was too afraid to learn to ride it at that time.

Until the second best prize, my number was not mentioned. I was a little bit disappointed. I decided to go home early (because we were allowed to leave school if we want to) when my number was suddenly announced for the first prize. I stopped walking. Being happy but also confused, I dropped the ticket in front of my classmate, picked it up and surprised this friend of mine by taking her ticket and exchanged it with mine. "Rin, you win it! It's your number!! You win the bike!!!"

***
It sounds silly, doesn't it? Yup, I gave my bike to my friend. Because of what? Because I didn't know how to ride a bike. Because I was afraid to ride a bike. Because I didn't want people saw me holding the bike on my way home without riding it, and knew that I was a kid who could not ride a bike. Huft...

God's blessings are prepared for all of us, His children. He will never hold it back when He thinks we deserve it. It's just that sometimes we become the side who screw things up. We do sin. We don't believe. We are filled with fear. All of these things hold blessings back from us.

Trust God! When He trusts you His blessing, He knows that you deserve it, or He wants to test You, whether you can be trusted with the blessing or not. Just believe that when the blessing comes, God will empower you to manage it. Don't ever reject the blessing, for it is God's trust to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger