February 19, 2013

RENEWED MIND




My friend asked me once, “Why do you think we still have to put salt when we cook sea fish? Even though living in salty water, why are they not salty?” I didn’t give a direct answer at that time, because something else had come into my head. I could have given a short answer that sea fish’s “body” is designed to filter the salty water in order to get water it needs, but no, I didn’t say that. All that I could think about was Rom. 12:2.

Bible tells us not to conform to the the pattern of the world. It asks us to be something different. Even though we live in it, God wants us not to be influenced by it.

Being different most of the time is very difficult to do. We normally hope that people will like us, that everyone will be pleased by what we do, but we know that it is impossible. We will never be able to please everyone. Even Jesus could not please everyone; some people always stood against Him.

I believe that we can always choose what is right, and the Holy Spirit will guide us to make that choice. We just have to learn about the courage of being different from Jesus and the other heroes of faith. Sometimes it will cause us a great loss; people won’t like us, people will hate us, people will try to knock us down, but at least we can still please God.

Let us ask God to have a good filter, to have a renewed mind, while we are still in this world. We do need His wisdom in order to be what we are according to His pleasing and perfect will.

Father in heaven, I know that I am so not perfect. Forgive me for letting my self drown with the world, forgive me for being afraid to keep standing in the right point. I really need You to brave my self to choose what is right. Help me, God. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Rom. 12:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger