February 17, 2013

BLESSING TITHE




I have learned to give tithe since I was in senior high school, and I thank to my parents who have taught me well enough about giving tithe to God. Every time I want to give, I am always reminded about how important it is to give back what is supposed to be God’s.

It is not as easy as it looks to give to God, because my logic sometimes tries to rule over me. I realize that my income isn’t that much; it is enough for daily needs, but it’s not enough for additional needs (such as buying new clothes, treating friends, going somewhere, etc). For these reasons, I am often triggered not to give to God, especially in tithe matter. But thank God, I didn’t do it.

Since I know about tithe, I decide to give a little bit more than 10 % of my income, in case I have forgotten some “little” blessings that I’ve received. By doing this, I test myself to trust and rely on God more than ever.

This decision might be foolish for certain people, but I tell you, God never wants to owe things to us. Each time I give to God, more than I should do, He then blesses me with more blessings. One of the examples is, if I give 11%, next time He will bless me 110%. He also blesses me with health, joy, and the feeling of “enough”. You know what? I wish I knew this truth since I was a little girl.

Let us learn to be more faithful in our giving to God. This is not about bigger money, it is about God’s faithfulness to us. He has promised us that He will never leave us, and this promise is much more than enough for the whole eternity.

All glory and honor to God, the Host of the universe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger