February 07, 2013

DO NOT LOVE THE WORLD





Have you ever lost something that is very important to you? Or maybe you have it broken by someone else? I have, and it feels hurt.

One of my favorite things in the house might be my notebook. Why is it precious to me? Maybe because it is the most expensive thing I have ever bought, with great effort, in the house. Or maybe because the notebook is the most important thing taking apart in my daily job.

But, one day, when I had to go to work, I brought the notebook with, and stopped by at a printing company to submit a new order. Since I was alone at that time (the only customer), and since my bag was quite heavy, I decided to put the bag (with the notebook in it) on a chair when the employee called my to show the design.

I’ve just stood up when another customer came in, sat next to my chair, and (I believed that he) unintentionally grazed my bag and dropped it. I turned back spontaneously to see what’s happening – was little bit shocked – I took my bag and sat back. Without knowing that there was the most important electronic stuff in my bag, the man just stood up and went off. “Oh God ... ... thank you,” I said in my heart.

I tried to be calm down, took some deep breath, and prayed, “God, please let the notebook safe. I’m not ready if I have to lose it now. I really need it for my work. Please, God, please. I hope there’s nothing broken.”

Once I could control myself, I could remember what God had said through His word, “Do not love the world or anything in the world.” I realized that I was afraid, disappointed, and angry because I have put my heart and put too much hope on worldly things. I also remembered that God is the One who owns everything.

So, I said in my heart, “God, I’m sorry for what’s happening. I know that this notebook is only something that You’ve entrusted to me, lent out to me. That’s why I surrender all to You, God.”

After that moment, I try to accept things happened in life. And, thanks to God, my notebook is fine. Glory to God who’s the Owner of everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger