March 07, 2013

SHOW YOUR LOVE


Today ran just like the other days. I woke up in the morning to prepare everything for my family. I cleaned the house, I cooked, I took a bath and had breakfast... nothing's special actually. Until I spent a little time to walk in front of my house and stood at the gate. That was time when I saw a young woman walked from the western side of our district nakedly.

I didn't know what happened to her but I was a little bit shocked to see her walking along the street like that. A lot of people were just staring at her, talking and whispering about her, but no one wanted to approach her or helped her. I am a woman, and watching her walking that way along the district without  help, my heart was suddenly filled with compassion.

I walked to her and asked her to go into my house. I gave her my daughter's T-shirt and short pants. I asked her name and what she was doing on the street, but she answered me with unclear answers. That was when I know that she was mentally ill.

I couldn't get any definite clue about who she was and what had happened to her, but from her physical body I thought she was pregnant. I wished I could help her more at that time but I knew I couldn't. I called local social department and they sent me a car to pick up the woman. They told me that they will look after her for a moment until she was better and they had a clue about her family.

This incident made me think... how come those people around the neighborhood just watched her without doing nothing? What if it were their mother, their sister, or their daughter who might be wandering on the street like that? In my point of view, these people have lost their compassion.

God says that we, Christians, should live with love one another. We should speak to people out there, implicitly or explicitly, that we have Christ in us, that we have God of love lives in us. It may be difficult to express His unconditional love because our life is surrounded by conditions. We don't want to be different for being different is uncommon thing before men; they will speak negatively about us, they will reject us, they will hate us. But again my brother and sister in God, What Would Jesus Do in such condition? I believe that He will put aside people's thought about Him and do what He thinks He should do. Go and show God's love to the world.

Father in heaven, forgive me for being too afraid to show the world that I am a Christian. I'm still unperfect in my love to You. That's why I pray, God... help me to do Your will, to show the world about Your love, without feeling afraid by being different.

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Eph. 4:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger