March 03, 2013

BETTER


I had to bring some stuff to my office today, but that wasn't the problem. I have a little "worry" each time I have to bring some stuff to some places by public transportation. I don't judge that the transportation is bad or uncomfortable, it's the people who sometimes make me uncomfortable.

I often find unpleasing passengers during my way. They who keep the seat for themselves. They who waste space while other people are struggling to sit. They who don't want to help other who are stranger to them. They who choose to stay in their comfort zone and never want to give their place for others who deserve or need it more. They who drive the public transportation with carelessness, traffic violation. Can you imagine what will happen to me when I have to meet such a person while I have to bring a lot of things? But it didn't happen to me today for I met a very nice grandfather.

When I stopped a car, I knew from a far that the car was almost full. But I chose to believe that the transportation would have one place to sit for me. The car stopped before me and suddenly someone got down and said that I could use his seat. I was a little bit surprised when I knew that the person was an old man. As far as I know, the young should put the old before them.

I couldn't say anything to the man for the car was so crowded. But I'm very thankful to God that I can still meet a person like him. I hope that I can find more people like him. They who don't act selfishly but put others before themselves. They who don't differentiate stranger or not stranger in order to find those deserving their kindness. I can imagine a very nice public transportation with people like that around. I an imagine a better world with people like that around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger