January 22, 2013

PERISHABLE AND TRANSIENT



Yesterday my friend witnessed a tragic accident that finally killed a motor driver. Not far from the gas station where my friend sometimes tanked her motorcycle up, around Brantas, Malang, she saw two charged trucks having a collision. According to her statement, it happened quit slowly, yet it pushed one of the truck back, and made the other truck (seemed like avoiding other drivers) veer sharply and then, tumble. She also saw when a motorcycle was tossed aside, or moment when the truck driver got out through the truck window, but she never suspected that under the tumble truck, someone was crushed.

Listening to her story made me eerie. It was clearly seen through her face that the accident was terrifying. It happened right before her eyes.

This situation makes me, and maybe you too, think... how perishable, how transient we are; how real “final destination” is. Someone’s life can be easily taken, with different ways, no matter how old, young, poor, or rich he is. A good and obedient driver can be the victim. A nice pedestrian can be the victim. A man who sit in his house can be the victim. In the end, everyone will be back to the Creator with ways we can never suspect.

Once I said in my heart, “God, if it is okay, let me die properly, peacefully, beautifully, without any accident or pain or sickness.” Ha ha.. sounds ridiculous ha? Who can decide how he will die? No one! Everything runs according to God’s will, and we can never fight against that will.

We can only surrender ourselves to Him. Pray that He will bless and protect our trips and activities, and be a good road user who obeys rules... it’s all we can do. The rest is God’s business. I still believe that God’s design is good and flawless design. We only have to trust in Him.

Jesus Christ, thank you for the day You gave. I surrender all my days in Your hands. I pray that You will protect and bless my trips and activities. In the name of Jesus Christ, God of my life, Amen.

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
Psa. 37:5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger