January 14, 2013

FATHER'S LOVE




Have you ever seen “Taken”? All of the action movie lovers must have been familiar with it since its sequel, “Taken 2”, has been released lately. For you who haven’t watched it, this movie can be an interesting option to watch. But why am I so interested in it so that I recommend it to you too?

It tells us about a father who’s trying to save his only daughter being kidnapped by a human trade syndicate when she’s on her vacation in Paris. The father’s love and courage overwhelms and touches my heart, and that is why I can say, “If there is mother’s day, it’s supposed to be father’s day, especially in my country!” It wasn’t that easy for me to say it, to admit it, considering that my relationship with my father wasn’t that close. An image of a girl who’s very close and open to her father hasn’t been the right image to describe me and my father.

There was a time when I hated and hardly forgave my father, it’s when he became angry, complained, spoke things hurting me and my mother, without obvious reason. Each time he did it, I closed up my ears and cried. He never hit or hurt my physical body, but the whole life situation did hurt my heart badly.

Once a preacher said that we can find the image of our heavenly Father through our earthly father. Hearing the sentence, I could only speak in my heart, “Father, when can I find You in my own father?”

I ever asked my mother about how could she have enough patience to face him all this time. Being one the most patient women in the world-in my point of view, she answered, “No matter how he is, he’s my husband, your father. I loved him, and I still do... I love him the way he is. I believe that God is able to change your father, as long as we pray. Just be patient, okay.”

Every time I was angry at him, that question came over and over again, accompanied by tears. Until one day God spoke through my devotion. He wants me to love him, forgive him, bless him, pray for him, mention his name in my prayers, and keep doing it faithfully.

Now I learn, a little bit at a time, to love him more; remembering his goodness more than anything else. Even though it hasn’t cure the wound completely, but I have decided not to quit loving him with heavenly Father’s love, as He also never quits loving me.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for my parents, thank you for my earthly father. Bless him, God. Love him more than ever with Your unconditional love. I know that someday I will find You in him, Amen.

I have loved you with an everlasting love;
 I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
Jer. 31:3b

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger