January 17, 2013

AMAZING GRACE




“God, I love You!” A short sentence that is easy to say, but is often difficult to prove.

I won’t deny that I made mistakes, that I sinned. I became angry, I told lies, I thought negatively, I became jealous. Every time I did it, I let myself be controlled by it; I did it “intentionally”. But, what did happen after that? I always regretted it, and I asked myself, “Why did I do it? How could I be so stupid?”

When the feeling of regret comes, and I notice it, I feel like I’m back to the zero point of my journey to the place where God is. I feel like I have to start everything from the beginning, and it takes great courage. I have to come before God with great effort, put aside the feeling of guilty, the feeling of embarrassment, and beg for forgiveness from Him.

But God’s grace is truly amazing grace, because I can never imagine that there will be such a grace of forgiveness like that. And I am very, very, very grateful that I still live in Him now. How come? It is surely not because of my power, it is because of His love, His grace. Each time I have to “start over” and accept the devil accusation for every sin I have done, God speaks to me with compassion... softly, yet surely... “You belong to Me, not to the evil.”

I no longer live, but Christ lives in me... Let us always remember this in our heart, always brave ourselves to come upon Him, for I believe He won’t refuse... for I believe that His forgiveness is truly Amazing Grace.

If we have to repent everyday, then let’s repent... but ask God to help us to live better than yesterday, to hate sin more than ever, and to love Him more everyday. Through our deeds, through our life, we have to say, “I won’t give up!!” to life, for His amazing grace is worth keeping.

Dear God, thank you for Your amazing grace. I want to love You more in my life, not only through my words, but also through my deeds. Please help me, God; please help me, Holy Spirit. Amen.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sin,
in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.
Eph. 1:7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger