June 04, 2013

TOGETHER MEANS STRONGER


I've read an article about togetherness. It said that being alone will not be considered a threat for someone else, especially for the enemy. When I think about it, I think the quote is very true. When we are alone, we will be easily destroyed, but if we are many, we will be difficult to defeat.

Bible also talks about friendlessness, that being alone will be weaken someone, and how poor that person is, for no one will able to help him. Sometimes some people live too independent, they do not have a good relationship with other people because they think it is not necessary. They are too independent and consider themselves able of doing everything alone. "Why should I ask for others' help if I can do it by myself?" Well, perhaps they can do things by themselves, but I believe that there are times when they do need someone else.

Bible says that someone with friend(s) will be able to rise because he has someone who'll help him when he falls. Bible says that someone who prays with partner(s), the prayer will be heard and granted. Bible also says that our couple will be our helper in life. So, why should we stand with a condition of being alone?

God creates us as individual and social creation. He does create us as thinking, meditating, dreaming, daydreaming person, but He also create us as loving, caring, helping, chatting, playing, working creature. For some reasons we can live by ourselves, but for some others we will not be able to survive without other people. Let's see they who are around us, our family, friends, best friends, they are people we can count on. When we fall, they can lift us. When we are sad, they will console us. God presents them around us so that we experience the beauty of togetherness. Don't live by yourself!

Dear God, thank you for my family and friends, and forgive me if I used to be selfish and arrogant, and think that I can do everything by myself. Help me to see why I am created and why people around me are created. For one more time, thank you for my family and friends. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecc. 4:12

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Christian Daily Devotion Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger